Skip to main content

Hawaii Day One


So traveling here was not too bad. Daniel was perfect on both flights He had a hard time with the noisy children. Nonetheless it would still take a lot to get me to come back here with small children. It's just too long of a day to fly.

Anyway, this morning we woke up at 6am and had a lot of fun. We walked to the beach (which is a thirty second walk) and saw some wildlife. Daniel and I watched sea turtles bob their heads up and down for awhile. Jason went to take pictures of a seal on the beach. Daniel really wants to see a shark and I am hoping that does not happen. Whales and dolphins, fine but a shark, no thanks.

The only bad part is that it is raining. I mean lots and lots of rain, so much so that I bought an umbrella and for those who don't know, I hate umbrellas. But I can't take pictures in the pouring rain and Daniel hates when the rain hits his face. Though that doesn't really stop his desire to spend all waking moments outside.

I have been trying to load pictures of the seal up but something is messing up the internet connection so I will try again tomorrow. For the time being, use your imagination.

Comments

mikeandash said…
I didn't know you were going to Hawaii! How fun. I hope the weather clears up for you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Megan said…
You don't like umbrellas? How weird is that?! And I don't want to hear any more complaints in future blog posts about Hawaii. You ARE in Hawaii after all, while I sit here and freeze my butt off with nothing to do! So jealous am I!
Anjanette said…
It does rain a lot certain times of year in Hawaii. I'm sure seeing the turtles and seal were really fun for daniel and props for being courageous enough to take him on that long flight. I'm glad he did okay. Have tons of fun.

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...