Skip to main content

The Baby has Turned

So today I went to the doctor and we discovered that the baby has turned and is now sitting with her head down. It kind of made me really realize that the baby is probably going to be born before too long. Also I don't think we are going to be moving out of our apartment before the baby is born so Daniel and I sat in his room for a long time trying to decide how to fit a toddler bed, a book shelf, a changing table, crib and dresser into one small 10x10 room. Daniel did emphatically tell me it was his room so I can't wait to see what happens when the baby moves in.

The doctor did inform me that no matter what I did there probably wasn't anything I could do to stop the absurd swelling that seems to plague me. I just hope that the swelling doesn't get as bad as it did with Daniel.

Speaking of Daniel. Since it has been warmer I let him play out on the balcony. He was so excited. He has been finding dead wasps in various places and he'll come running in to tell me "bug, bug, bug! Need to sweep it up." Then we sweep them up and throw them over the side of the balcony onto the ground. He thinks it is really funny. I am just glad he understands not to touch them or pick them up. I think he would take it personally if he got stung.

Comments

Megan said…
Yeah for a turned baby - although sometimes I think it is not so fun cause that means their feet hit your ribs. Boo! Good luck with the room rearranging. And yeah for warm weather! Anna and I have been playing lots in our backyard. She likes to find spiders...only they ARE alive and she DOES touch them. Ahhh!
Josie said…
Well that is good news! Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy!
mikeandash said…
It's certainly a relief when the baby is head down. Good luck these next few weeks!

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...