Skip to main content

Alice's Birthday

Alice turned one! Yes, it was awesome. I don't even think she noticed. The funniest thing that happened that day was I made bug cakes (I have a cake pan that makes bug cupcakes basically) and Jason was showing the butterfly to Alice. She leaned forward and just took a huge bite out of it. Hilarious.

We went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens for her bday. Lots of family and a few friends came. It was awesome and the tulips are beautiful. I walked the Gardens with Alice in the stroller for about four hours while Jason carted people around in the golf cart. But it was all worth while and the kids loved it.

Looking back on this last year was hard. We have had a lot of changes, all for the good. I can't believe Alice has turned one. But here are some funny things that she does.

She loves going outside and will bring me her shoes and sit down with them and then stick her foot in the air stating the obvious "mom come on, let's go outside."

She is a total girl, loves her shoes, bows in her hair and dresses. Alice wanders around primary and touches all the little girls dresses. It is awesome.

She loves her belly and loves showing it off in true Daniels fashion.

She loves to give kisses. And makes a cute sound when she gives them "mmmuuh."

She plays "get you" and "hide and seek" with Daniel.

She loves the dirt and is the daintiest kid I have ever seen scoop up rocks and crawl in gravel. Her pink shovel is her security toy right now. Today I just swept her off with a broom she was covered in dirt after being outside.

She loves her Daniel and even if he tries to kill her most of the time, they are super cute when they snuggle and hug and watch a movie together. (Which only really lasts for about forty five seconds)

My favorite thing that Alice does is she drives Daniel's toy cars and makes car noises. The funny things that kids do.

Daniel of course has basically claimed all of Alice's new toys. I can't wait until she is old enough to hold her ground.

Comments

Josie said…
Wow, I can't believe she is already 1! Such a fun age!
Megan said…
Wow! That year has gone by so fast! Happy Birthday Alice!

And we should totally get together and let Daniel talk to Anna if that is his request ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...