Skip to main content

Ikea beat the rainy day

My kids love the dirt. They love being outside while I try to plant and do everything in the dirt. Alice rolls in, runs in, and eats the dirt. The grossest thing I have found lately is her with her mouth full of mud and a pebble in her hand and big smiles on her face. To beat that I have found her now three times with dirt in the mouth. Yuck!

Today it rained. This has got to be the fifteenth day this month that it rained and my kids could not stand it. So eventually I told the kids to get their shoes (which makes Alice run to the door) and that we were going to IKEA.

IKEA is a great way to spend the day. Daniel and Alice played in the kids rooms that were set up and ran through that little hole in the wall they have between two of the rooms. They loved it. One of the rooms had a slide in it which Alice discovered that she loved. Down the slide she went, over and over and over again.

Then we came home and the crying and tantrums started up right away again. But for those two and a half hours that we wandered around IKEA, it was great.

We are planting the rest of our garden (weather permitting) this week and Daniel is ga-ga. I love that kids enthusiasm.

Last funny story of the day: Daniel got in major trouble so I yelled loudly that he was on time out. He sat against the wall and I started the timer. I turned around and there was Alice sitting right next to him tapping her feet on the ground. Sadly, even though whatever Daniel did made me furious I busted out laughing. I couldn't help it, I am so glad my kids like each other.

Comments

Megan said…
I think just about anything beats a rainy day. I love the rain, but not so much when there are children around. lol. I need to call you back still. Whenever I remember it is also midnight. Haha. We should do something for sure!

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...