Skip to main content

TV less

So our X Box broke. We got the red ring of death, and the kids cried. Jason immediately announced we were buying a new one but it will have to wait. See the problem with losing the xbox is that we don't have cable, satellite, or anything else that plays DVDS. All of our viewing entertainment comes through that machine. It was kind of sad. At first I was really grateful because most of me hates the TV. Then there is that part of me that loves the TV because my kids and husband love the TV and it makes it easy if I need to do something they will just sit there and get mushy brains.

Today I thought I would absolutely go nuts without the TV. Alice and Daniel both woke up with runny noses and I needed to keep canning tomato sauce. But oddly enough we made it through the day, with no TV, fewer fits, and 11 more pints of pasta sauce ready to store in the pantry. So I guess we can survive without it, and hopefully tomorrow still goes well. Alice tried to turn on the TV, I told her it was broken and she threw herself on the ground and cried and cried. It was really funny.

On a good note we have been canning pasta sauce. Daniel has been helping me out so much. He loves the tomato press and always wants me to cut tomatoes so that he can squish them to pieces. He has been a big help. Alice likes to help stir. They are so awesome.

Comments

Colett's Corner said…
You guys are awesome. Seems like things are a little more calm around my house with no tv too. I agree that it is easier though.
Megan said…
I would probably cry without ours for the exact same reasons you listed. lol. Glad it wasn't as tragic for you. And way to go on the canning. Sounds yum!
Marie said…
I am certain I would die without brain-mushing entertainment :)

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...