Skip to main content

August Activites

We went to Temple Square for a wedding reception. The kids loved wandering around temple square and splashing in the water. Alice came close to falling in a few times but never managed to actually get too soaked.


Daniel started soccer. He is pretty timid out there but did manage to score a goal (that neither Jason and I saw) at his game on Saturday. He loves playing which is good. The only down side is most of his games are at 11:30 in the morning and it is so HOT!

August of course means canning season. We had a canning party yesterday and still took forever to get just 14 pints done. The kitchen was cleaned up though as soon as I finished pressing tomatoes, which never happens, so I am taking that as a plus. My kids love to help and hated that there were other people here to run the food mills. I still have four boxes of tomatoes to do so anyone else who wants to come over this week, just let me know.

I finally finished a craft! Sometimes I get them done so quick and other times it takes me forever. Don't even ask how my scrapbooks are coming. This I did for Alice after some great ideas from Porters! I thought they turned out really cute. I decided to make a few things for her that she can hang on her side of the room when her and Daniel start sharing. I am not really looking forward to that.

Other news. Jason will be changing jobs soon. We are hoping it works out well but who knows. We are also taking a vacation next week which I am super excited about. I am not allowing any laptops, although I am sure the iphone will be busy. My mom is the best, coming down to watch my kids for me. It should be a blast. So far Jason doesn't know where we are going. I am sure I will end up telling him, I am pretty bad at keeping secrets.

Daniel starts preschool next week and keeps asking me about swim lessons. He is becoming a big pain, though holds nothing on Alice's ability to abuse. She seriously is so loud and clingy, but super cute when she is happy. We just always pray for happy days to outnumber grumpy days.

Comments

Natalie Ockey said…
Love the pictures. Mark said, "That's so cute!" when we scrolled down to Alice's canvas letters! I think that is worth something.They did turn out adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...