Skip to main content

Summer was gone...

We love summer weather and we spend a lot of time outside. To prove this, the other day, I was on the phone while we were outside and I turned around and saw Alice dressed like this. Apparently I weed enough that the kids know how to dress for it.



Daniel started preschool. Knowledge Explorers Preschool has been a great place for him. He loves going and this is a picture of his first day. Some of the kids were hesitant while Daniel just ran inside and never looked back. Although he usually is the kid trying to beat the door down when it is over trying to get out. So far his favorite things are that they get to cut, he learns new songs, and he always wants to make sure that Alice and I miss him. Alice and I get an amazing amount of work done while he is gone and Alice is even starting to talk a little more, so what are the odds.



Do you ever spend a lot of time telling your kids what not to do? We yell at our kids all the time to sit on their butts at the table. We kept telling Daniel that he would fall and get hurt. Not quite two weeks ago, that is what happened. After I debated for about two hours whether or not to take him to the doctor, we went and even though we waited for 50 minutes in the E.R. room of the pediatrician, he ended up with a glued head. Which now he thinks is awesome.



Now when he stands up at the table we tell him "do you want to go back to the eyebrow doctor?" Amazingly he sits down. Alice however, is not so cautious and two days after Daniel's head trauma she fell off the chair and fell flat on her back. Luckily she hit nothing on the way down.

Other than that, things are pretty normal around here. Which is nice. We will enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.

Comments

Megan said…
I am glad Alice didn't get hurt. Or would it have been a good thing so she would learn a lesson? Who knows. I love this weather too! If it keeps up we could do another park play date! That would be fun :)
Colett's Corner said…
Cute pictures Mel. Your kids are so darling. I think we should start a family tradition of having a family (MAYCOCK) party during the holidays. What do you think?

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Crazy Things are Happenings

There is a lot to report today so we will start with a funny story. THe other day Daniel hit Jason and Jason picked him up and said "What do you need to say?" Daniel quickly replied "Thank you." It was really funny. Jason, Daniel and I walked our first 5K. It was my sister Tiffany's idea. She has started working at a new running store in Highland called Get Fit. (So if anyone needs new shoes go on in.) So all of us decdied to do it together. Now if you have seen Jason and I lately you can tell that we are not the most fit of people at the moment so our goal was to walk the 5K in under an hour and to not be last. We started off last but reached both of our goals. And since we woke up not quite a half hour before the race began we were just proud of ourselves for getting there and finishing at all. Daniel has a good time once he got in the stroller, it is just the getting him in there that kills him. He thinks he should be able to walk always. We are m...