Skip to main content

Love of Reading

I took many classes in college. Most of them were history or history related. Jason teased me immensely about all the Latin and classic (which is the study of ancient Rome and Greece) classes I took always saying that they would be of no use to anyone. Due to this, I have multiple copies of Homer's Illiad and Odyssey (only in English), and numerous copies of Virgil's Aeneid in both Latin and English. Daniel loves to pull books off the bookshelf like any good two year old and his favorite one to find is one he calls "the mask book." That mask book happens to be my favorite translation of the Illiad and when Daniel finds it he insists that we read it. So needless to say we are in the end of book two of the Illiad and Daniel loves it for some reason. I could not believe that he just loves hearing about Achilles and Agamemnon and all the others. I even try to read other things with him but when he finds the "mask book" we have to read it. This is the only book without pictures that he will let me read. I think it is awesome.

Daniel's other favorite books at the moment are "Green Eggs and Ham" and then this picture book full of transportation vehicles which he cannot get enough of. I am not sure of the connections to all these but at least he likes to read.

I know this picture is outdated but it's my favorite of him reading.

Comments

Josie said…
That is SO funny! He is going to be super smart! How cute!
Megan said…
Ah yes. Little baby Daniel. So cute. And weren't times so much simpler then? I love that Anna loves to read as well - lets hope they both stay that way. I think that is hilarious though that he will read a book with NO pictures - now that is awesome. I don't know how I have not yet purchased Green Eggs and Ham - I need to get on that one!
Anjanette said…
That's great. I was just thinking the other day that it will be so fun to start reading chapter books with Katelyn. There are so many good books out there. Hope the new baby comes soon and everything goes well. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

Nothing like people to ruin your day.

Alright so last week we found out that our condo was put up for sale. Jason looked up the sales price, quickly realized that is was pretty low and we feared for the type of people that would be coming through to view our condo, we were right to fear. Usually I am pretty easy going and try to be accommodating but somethings are unbelievable. So these people put in an offer on our home and then the husband wanted to come check it out so their agent and our agent agreed on a time. We thought, okay they'll be here what like a half hour? So Jason and Daniel went to look at homes for us and I stayed here to watch the show. The husband proceeded to test each outlet to see if it was hot, then he was looking in the attic space, then messing with the fuses and air conditioning. He was the first to show up so we thought, ok, this is going to be alright. Ten to fifteen minutes later someone else knocked on the door. There is this lady with three kids and a pizza box. She mumbled some...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...