Skip to main content

Grandma's House

As most of my "readers" know we have moved in with my parents for the next six weeks while we wait for our house to be finished. The move did not go as planned. It took three times as long as I thought to sort through all the little stuff that no one likes to pack. And instead of packing to go to one place we were packing stuff for storage, grandma's house and Jason's studio apartment. Cleaning out the apartment I heard was a beast as well. But hopefully this will be our last move for a long time.

Daniel has been a monster lately and coming to Grandma's has cured that. He loves to water the garden with grandma in the morning. He helps take care of the two babies. He eats more regularly than he has in months. And he is still sleeping and being really good. He loves playing with his two aunts and uncle that are also living her in this big but ever shrinking house. Everyday he has told me that he doesn't want to go home until today. We were taking a "rest" in his room and he said that he wanted put his bed in the car and take it home. I wasn't quite sure what to tell him so I said "do you want some M&Ms? I sure do." One day I am sure we will have to talk about us not going "home" for awhile.

We are leaving for Yellowstone on Friday and everyone is really excited. Also I took Alice in for her pictures today and oh man....she just smiled and laughed the whole time. Perfect baby. We are so lucky to have such a good baby. One day I will get my camera back and then I can post pictures of my perfect baby and my super polite two year old.

Oh and of course check out our other blog for funny Daniel stories. http://toddled.blogspot.com/ The last one was hilarious.

Comments

Megan said…
Well at least Daniel is doing so well with the transition thus far. And there are definitely days I wish I lived with my mom so she could help me out :) Just remind yourself that you will have a brand new house when all this is said and done ;) I can't wait to see it too. I can't believe how big Alice is getting. We still need to get together. Have fun on your trip!
Josie said…
Well glad that Daniel is loving it so much! It is SO hard living with someone else, no matter how much you love them...good luck with the next several weeks!
Becky said…
I am so using that next time I don't know what to say to Wyatt - or even Tyson! "Ummm... would you like some candy??" That is an excellent idea :)

Popular posts from this blog

Whale Watching in San Francisco

My sister and her family came all the way from Idaho to visit us. Naturally we had to take them to the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a typical July day, foggy, freezing, windy and crowded. We battled people on bikes and with strollers and the wind to walk onto the bridge. We had just made it to the first tower when we noticed a whale watching tour boat and joked about how cool it would be if there was suddenly a whale that came out of the water. About ten seconds later, A WHALE CAME OUT OF THE WATER! It didn't ever do the complete National Geographic flip over or show it's tail, but there was a Humpback Whale feeding, and it kept coming up to eat. It was amazing. AMAZING. We spent almost 40 minutes watching the whale, possibly whales at the time. There was one in particular that came over, right below us the kids could all see it, and it was so close we could see the barnacles on the mouth, and it rolled and was putting on quite the show for us. It was an amazing sigh...

in case you have not heard

Baby Webb #3 is on the way. Here the baby is. We are going to try to be strong and not find out the sex at the ultra sound. So if you have an opinion, about the sex, feel free to share it. I am sure Jason will put a vote up. So far he wants names like "gunner" and "ruby." I told him Gunner might not go so well with Alice and Daniel, but who am I to stop an opinion? Oh wait. I was sick off and on for a few weeks but feel pretty good now. This is the baby at 10 weeks. We are about 13.5 weeks today. Due the end of February. I guess if we are lucky it could be a leap day baby. Daniel saw the baby in the ultra sound and was totally not surprised. His comment was "is that the baby I knew was growing in your tummy?" Alice was disturbed and cried and didn't eat for about two days. Then Daniel reminded me of a few months ago when he heard a voice from heaven telling him we needed another baby. He told me that "heavenly father w...

Crazy Things are Happenings

There is a lot to report today so we will start with a funny story. THe other day Daniel hit Jason and Jason picked him up and said "What do you need to say?" Daniel quickly replied "Thank you." It was really funny. Jason, Daniel and I walked our first 5K. It was my sister Tiffany's idea. She has started working at a new running store in Highland called Get Fit. (So if anyone needs new shoes go on in.) So all of us decdied to do it together. Now if you have seen Jason and I lately you can tell that we are not the most fit of people at the moment so our goal was to walk the 5K in under an hour and to not be last. We started off last but reached both of our goals. And since we woke up not quite a half hour before the race began we were just proud of ourselves for getting there and finishing at all. Daniel has a good time once he got in the stroller, it is just the getting him in there that kills him. He thinks he should be able to walk always. We are m...